Regain your confidence by restoring your smile with a dental bridge
What is a Dental Bridge?
Bridges are a strong and stable alternative to dentures, and are an ideal way to replace a missing tooth and to restore full function and aesthetics. A bridge can also be used to replace multiple missing teeth. To construct a dental bridge, we take an impression of your teeth and send it to our Perth dental laboratory and they are precision crafted by a qualified dental technician.
Benefits of a Dental Bridge
- Durable and resilient
- Prevent further teeth form shifting
- Improve your ability to chew and speak
- Maintain facial structure
- Restore smile confidence
- Bridges may be used in conjunction with each other to restore your smile
Am I Suitable for a Dental Bridge Treatment?
The treatment required to replace a missing tooth varies from patient to patient. The suitability of a candidate for dental bridge treatment can depend on factors including:
- Oral health diagnosis
- Jawbone density
- Personal preference
What is the Dental Bridge Procedure?
- Your dentist will prepare the teeth adjacent to the gap for treatment, reshaping them to allow room for the bridge to be placed over them.
- Impressions of your teeth will be made and sent to our Perth dental lab to serve as a model for your dental bridge to ensure a proper fit and colour match.
- Your dentist will make a temporary bridge to wear in the meantime.
- Once your new bridge arrives from the dental lab, you will be contacted to return to your dentist, where your new bridge will be checked and adjusted for a perfect fit.
- You may be required to visit several times to check the fit and bite.
- If your dental bridge is a fixed bridge, it may be put in place temporarily to ensure it is a proper fit and then cemented after this trial period.
The content on the LifeCare Dental website is provided for education and information purposes only. Information about therapy, service, product or treatment does not imply endorsement and is not intended to replace advice received from your dentist, doctor or other registered health professionals. LifeCare Dental makes no claim as to the accuracy or authenticity of this content.
Additionally, LifeCare Dental does not accept liability to any person for the information or advice provided on this website or incorporated into it by reference. Content has been prepared for Western Australian residents and wider Australian audiences, and was accurate at the time of publication. Readers should note that, over time, currency and completeness of the information may change. All users are urged to always seek advice from a registered health care professional for diagnosis and answers to their medical questions.
Speak to our Perth dental team
Contact us today to schedule a appointment or call to discuss your needs.
We are open every day from 8am to 8pm Including Public Holidays!